Research Paper Checklist: How To Finish Your Paper With Flying Colors
Research Paper Checklist: How to Finish Your Paper with Flying Colors
The Pre-Writing Phase
When it comes to writing a research paper, pre-writing is the first step. Before you begin writing, it’s important to do the necessary background research, create a plan, and outline the paper. Here’s a checklist to help you get started:
- Choose a topic and narrow it down to a manageable scope.
- Read up on the subject, analyze the data, and develop an argument.
- Create an outline and organize your argument.
- Conduct a first draft of the paper, incorporating your sources.
- Create a bibliography and add sources.
The Writing Phase
Now that you have done all the prep work, it’s time to start writing. Here’s a checklist to help you get through the writing phase:
- Read the outline and re-familiarize yourself with the paper.
- Start writing, following your outline.
- Incorporate sources and use proper citations.
- Add transitions between sections.
- Create headings and subheadings to organize ideas.
- Focus on clarity and structure.
The Post-Writing Phase
Once you have finished writing your paper, you are ready to enter the post-writing phase. Here’s a checklist to help you make sure you have everything in order before you submit your paper:
- Proofread for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Check the structure and flow of your paper.
- Check for plagiarism and make sure you have cited all sources properly.
- Make sure all sources are up to date.
- Check the formatting and page layout.
- Submit the paper.
Following this research paper checklist will help you finish your paper with flying colors!