Essay Writing Samples: Tips And Tricks For A Great Essay
in the end of your article.
Essay Writing Samples: Tips and Tricks for a Great Essay
What is an Essay?
An essay is a piece of writing that gives an opinion on a particular topic. It is usually written in the form of an argument, with the writer’s opinion being supported by evidence. Essays are often used for academic purposes, but they can also be used for other purposes such as to express personal views or to discuss current events. Essays can be written in a variety of styles, including persuasive, narrative, and expository.
Essay Writing Tips
Essay writing can be a daunting task for some, but it does not have to be. Here are some tips for writing a great essay:
- Create an outline: Outlining your essay will help you to organize your thoughts and develop your argument.
- Research your topic: Researching your topic will help you to understand the issue better and provide you with evidence to support your argument.
- Write a thesis statement: A thesis statement is the main idea of your essay. It should be clear and concise.
- Develop your argument: Use evidence and examples to support your argument and explain why your opinion is valid.
- Check your grammar and spelling: Make sure your essay is free from errors and flows logically.
- Proofread: Read your essay out loud to check for any errors or inconsistencies.
Examples of Essay Writing
Here are some examples of essay writing:
- Argumentative Essay: This type of essay presents an argument and provides evidence to support it. It often takes the form of a debate and is used to persuade the reader to agree with the writer’s opinion.
- Expository Essay: This type of essay explains a topic in detail. It can be used to explain a process or provide information about a particular subject.
- Narrative Essay: This type of essay tells a story about a particular experience or event. It is often written in the first person and is used to describe an experience from the writer’s perspective.
Sample Essay Writing
Sample Argumentative Essay
The death penalty should be abolished in the United States. The death penalty is a cruel and unusual punishment and has no place in a modern society. It violates the right to life and is often used disproportionately against minority groups, the poor, and other vulnerable populations. It is also an ineffective deterrent, as there is no evidence that it reduces crime. Furthermore, it is expensive and time-consuming, diverting resources away from more effective crime prevention strategies. Therefore, the death penalty should be abolished in the United States.
Sample Expository Essay
The process of recycling plastic is an important one for preserving the environment. First, plastic containers and other items are collected and sorted into different categories. They are then cleaned and shredded into small pieces. These pieces are melted down and then molded into new items such as bottles and other containers. Finally, these new items are sent to stores and used to create new products. Recycling plastic is an important part of preserving the environment and reducing pollution.
Sample Narrative Essay
I remember the day I decided to pursue a career in medicine. I was in high school and had just taken my first biology class. I was fascinated by the complexity of the human body and how it could be used to help others. I knew that being a doctor would give me the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and that was something I wanted to do. I began taking classes to prepare for medical school and eventually graduated with a degree in medicine. Pursuing a career in medicine was one of the best decisions I ever made.